Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving...

This thanksgiving weekend, I had the opportunity to travel a bit. On thursday I headed up towards Ithaca to be with the Perez family. It was really nice to be able to see some family from home and share a meal with them.  Did quite a lot of driving as I went from Ithaca to Buffalo, a 3 hour drive, to pick up part of the family, back to Ithaca and then back home.  I had some nice entertainment for the long ride though, as my friend Jen and I were able to catch up on life since I had left. The scenery was amazing as we passed through small towns and open fields, no time for pictures though, running a bit late. Dinner was great, Pam created a masterpiece as usual. Overall it was a very enjoyable time.
Friday morning, Ken and I made our way to Jamestown.  A cool, breezy morning greeted us as we got ready for our small adventure.  The drive was smooth and relaxing, no crazy miami traffic to deal with.



Once we got there, I dropped off my things at Kirks house and we made our way to Frewsburg where the Stewards live.  We enjoyed a nice lunch there and attempted to do some assignments, not the most productive afternoon but managed to get something done.






We did some walking around, took a look at some music stores in Jamestown, and an antique store in Frewsburg.  Some things were ridiculously old, even got to see my first anvil there and some other interesting things. Saturday morning, took an unexpected trip to Ulysses.  A very nice small town. We headed down to drop off some wood to Ps. Miller. We then made our way to Penn York camp, as this was were Ps. Miller had his trailer. We then had lunch at the corner cafe, a small yet delightful restaurant.  Some friends from school, Hanna and Karen, and Hanna's dad joined us as well. We all had a good time.






Sunday morning came, and it was time to say good bye to Ps. Justin Steward (on the left). He was headed for Erie and I will probably not see him before he heads off to Africa again.  This weekend, we found out Chris (on the right) will be joining him, which is exciting, and good for both of them. We then headed off to the Zion church in Jamestown, pastored by Dan Caram Jr. It was such a beautiful church, very antique looking, both inside and out. A very lovely place. Got to meet a lot of new people and catch up a little with Ps. Kinem, who has been in Miami before, teaching in ZCU. That morning we were in charge of worship, a special, testimonies and the message.  Everything went well, and there was a special presence of the Lord throughout the service. I was a little nervous at first to speak in front everyone whom most I had never met, but thank God everything went smoothly!








Ps. Kinem & Ps. Caram


Finally, we headed back to ZMI. The trip was smooth, with a quick stop at Walmart.  Once back, the celebrations continued as we sat around for story time.  Title of the story: the beginning of Bob-eh and Carla.  It was a fun time hearing the "behind the scenes" moments and see the masterpiece that God has been developing up until this point, individually in their lives. Congrats!


4 comments:

  1. aww what a sweet post! you surely got so much in here. i loved it. and i loved catching up with you and learning of the wonderful things God is doing in your life. too bad it was so short. thanks for taking the time to listen... and to let me listen too. ;) praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to expound upon the lovely walk that we took!!! It was so gorgeous! Also the one of you guys on Sunday Morning before Justin left and the one of us 5 before we left Stewards... could I get those two photos... and the one of you 3 guys can I get in normal colour? You can email them to me if you would. I would be most grateful!
    ~Alyssa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes I did, sorry about that...and I'll go ahead and email you those pics, no prob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww karla looks soo cute in this pic!

    ReplyDelete