Sunday, December 18, 2011

a week of lasts...

Things come and things go, and now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. Saturday was a difficult day to go through. It was a time for good byes, and a few "see you laters." The last of the graduates were leaving that morning, Bobby, Steph, and Alyssa.  I must say, I will miss them all dearly.  They made an impact in my life in ways that they may not even notice. Each of the grads in their own way was an example to me of different aspects and qualities of Christ.  Their love, dedication, and passion was a refreshing reminder of the beauty that God can do in and through people, young people.  This semester was special, not just for me because it was my first, but I feel everyone agrees it truly was, not because of us, but because it pleased God that it be so.  God moved in unexpected ways, poured out treasures in each person individually and as a fellowship.  Who are we that He was mindful of us...Was He preparing us for the times of revival, where His presence will be continuously manifesting itself? Perhaps, but one thing I am sure, the latter rain is greater than the former.
And what to say of the rest? The semester flew by so fast, too fast.  There were many new experiences, many new people, much to learn.  It is quite difficult to summarize everything into simple words, for many of the moments cannot be put into words. The classes brought many blessings, learning more about God and His word, digging deeper into His truths. The best part was, His spirit always moving to make these truths more than just head knowledge, making them seeds in our heart that will later give much fruit.  Every experience taught me something new, that will later be a great asset to any future ministry.  I am no longer a young man at the door steps of an epochal moment, for that moment has come and has begun. I was greeted by strangers, in a land unknown to me, entering a world I had only heard of, and now that the semester has gone, I call them my friends, my family, my loved ones; a land I now call home, a world that I have now seen with my own eyes. I am in great expectancy to see what God has prepared for me next, and also for the fellowship.























2 comments:

  1. 'not because of us, but because it pleased God that it be so' I really like this statement. You did a great job in this post of encapsulating the semester. I haven't posted about it yet because I just don't know where to start or what to say. There aren't really words, and yet I feel compelled to capture it somehow in my limited vocabulary simply as a reminder. Great post, great pics, and great memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God do even greater things in you and through you this upcoming semester. As your friend, I miss you; yet as your sister in Christ I rejoice with everything that you have been experiencing at Zion.

    ReplyDelete