Saturday, February 16, 2013

A New Thing

This week has been a week of memorable moments. It has been some of my busiest days thus far but I know there are plenty to come. Last saturday Marcos and I were able to get part of the graduation video filmed and edited. I feel I have accomplished something off my long "to-do" list. Sunday morning I experienced something that surpassed my expectations for what God had in mind for the worship service. We had a great time in the presence of the Lord and after service a few classmates and Sis. Suzette came up to me saying I had prophesied on the cymbal!! I had heard of stories of some who had done it but never experienced it for myself and I remember Ps. Tucker exhorting me to last convention but not even knowing where to begin. The theme for this semester is a "New Thing," it is safe to say that, that day, I stepped into something new, and the congregation as well. As it was described to me, something broke through in the spirit during open worship, and we all stepped in to a new level that most of us had never been in. I am still humbled by the thought, but it happened. It is exciting to see what He will do next. On tuesday I preached what may have been my last chapel message as a student. It was an exhortation of what the Lord had been working in me, a heart to reach out and disciple others, especially those who may be struggling. I closed it with re-enacting John 13, washing Marcos' feet. I think it drove the point across of just how Jesus loved His disciples and was willing to serve at the lowest place to make others better and continue in the faith.

As I was writing this blog I planned to end it here but had in mind the friday night guy's prayer. We the male students, got together on friday night for a time of worship and prayer in the sanctuary. We set aside the hours of 7-1AM to dedicate it to seeking the Lord. I was worried at first that it would just be another night but the Lord was faithful to come. He did exceedingly abundantly more than what I could ask or think. We freely poured ourselves before the Lord in worship and there were times of prophecy and quieting ourself before the Lord. We were all blessed as a whole but more-so individually as the Lord adressed issues and there were many breakthrough's. Its a night that I'm sure none of us will forget, but I do pray that the work the Lord did, will continue to grow in each of us. Amen and amen.


By Marcos B

No comments:

Post a Comment