Wednesday, January 4, 2012

In the beginning was the word

This break has been completely different than any other and definitely not a boring one. Meeting new friends here at ZMI has opened opportunities to expand my travels a bit, and I love road trips!  This "new years" I spent it in a small town called Ulysses in Pennsylvania.  Saturday was a fun filled day with random games and even a Nerf gun battle at the camp.  In the afternoon we had dinner at the Vaughn's house, with members of the Ulysses Zion church.  Afterwards we headed to the church where they had their new years service, a small recap of the year.  Sunday morning service was quite special, Pastor Charlie Philip was the speaker and he preached on the mercy of God and how we are to extend that mercy to others.  Afterwards he prayed for everyone, and had prophecies for each one.  God definitely surprised me as I was not expecting to receive the words that I did receive, nevertheless, it confirmed a few things I had already been feeling and will surely prepare me for whats ahead for the rest of the year.  Monday was a day filled with some fun in the su... I mean snow, quite a scenery change from last year, from beach to snow covered mountain, trying to avoid the 2 feet of snow predicted for that area of the country. Either way we made the best of it and did some sledding and even some soccer, the drive home was another story as visibility was very limited. Altogether it was a great weekend with awesome people, and what a blessing it is to begin the year with such helpful directions from the Lord for what lies ahead.  

 Ps. Philip Vaughn
 Ps. Paul Caram
 Ps. Charlie Philips








2 comments:

  1. Your New Year's Eve story sounds like the perfect kick off to the new year. I sense wonderful blessings and victories are in the near future for you. I also pray, my friend, that the Lord will strengthen you through every moment as you grow into His likeness. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful things are in store for 2012. I sense it in the spirit. Just remember to be alert for the enemy's plans to thwart the plans God has for you. Regardless, you can rest assured that no weapon formed against you will prosper.

    ReplyDelete