Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How sweet the sound

T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.


Today, a small group of us visited Elderwood Senior Care.  Although this was not the first time I had been to one, I was a bit unsure of what to expect.  We had a nice time of worship and prayer before we left which was comforting, as we put this night in Gods mighty hand.  The facility is quite nice, and the staff was very welcoming. We walked down the hallways and began singing some worship songs.  It felt a little awkward since I had never just walked down a senior citizens place and just sang, but it all went well.  Some of the staff there and the senior citizens sang along as well.  Many were happy to have company, to have us singing and to be prayed for.  Some were there because they were not able to stay in their homes as a result from the flood that occurred a couple weeks ago.  Others had to be transferred there from a hospital that was flooded with eleven feet of water.  In the midst of this, I could see they had hope and faith in God.  In the end, it was a great experience and a blessing to hear them sing "Amazing grace."

1 comment: