Saturday, October 15, 2011

A mal tiempo, buena salsa

Today I took on a challenge, to make some traditional spicy dip.  In the morning some of us headed down to the the soccer park, for some fun in the su...never mind, it was cloudy and cold, but fun nevertheless, we had a great time.  My lungs took quite a beating from the dry air that came out to play with us.  Afterwards I headed down to the local supermarket "Tops," bought the ingredients I needed, (vegetables are quite expensive here, or perhaps I just never noticed), and made my way to do some cooking.  I took advantage that some of the girls were cooking so they can make sure I don't burn down ZMI.  I began to worry after I started cooking though, as the blender and I were having theological discussion on who is the servant and who is the master, things got twisted and pureed and in the end I won.  Many came in and asked me: what are you making? All I could respond for a while was: a mess!! Once the final product was ready, I wondered, is this right? I grabbed some chips and took a dip in the creation and success! It was just right, and my panel of judges all agreed!  Afterwards, one of the girls here had made Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies for dessert, 'nuff said.





2 comments:

  1. Looks good john. Send me the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this one... :-) You will be cooking for us soon!! Learn those cookie recipes ;-)

    ReplyDelete