Monday, October 24, 2011

Last minute

Its seems at times here, there is not much to do.  Looking at the schedule there are huge breaks in between activities, yet I find myself quite busy all the time.  Sometimes just in my room reading or running around campus.  Somehow homework slips to the end of the "to-do" list.  Nevertheless, as always it got done.  This past week I got to enjoy another great game of soccer before the deadly cold grabs a hold of us.  Although the air is a bit dry for my taste, it was  lots of fun.  I think I pulled something in my leg, but it is healing quickly, almost ready for another game. We then headed over to watch some youth soccer.
             There are many spots on the mountain to just head out and enjoy nature while attempting to meet your homework deadlines.  This week I enjoyed the lake house and its cool breeze.  I was happy to see my friend sunny, he brought his friend heat with him making it a picture perfect day. So much freedom here, yet so much responsibility as well.  Sounds a lot like our God given free will.  So much freedom, yet so much responsibility.  I've always liked how Paul considered himself a slave for Christ.  He freely chose to serve Christ with all he had. Committing to Christ is no light thing. In Luke we see Jesus said: "But Jesus told him, "Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God."  It is a great calling spiritually and physically.  Some of the experiences here in ZMI definitely prepare you for both during a ministry.  Rev. Daniel Caram said in his book about Thessalonians that in bible school, you can tell who will make it in the ministry by how they manage their work and money.  I think I need to work a bit more on my discipline to prevent last minute moments.












No comments:

Post a Comment