Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kids church

Today I had the wonderful opportunity of assisting in kids church here at ZMI.  They are definitely a wild bunch but special nonetheless.  I was assisting the teens class which is a small change from back home where I would teach in the 7-9 class.  Today I mainly observed, to get a feel for the way things work here.  Many of the kids are picked up in town and are brought up as their parents can't/don't attend the service.  It is great the extra mile the ZMI goes for the little ones.  The teens class was fun, do I see myself teaching those ages?? Sure I suppose, they require a bit more of a challenge but in the end, it is Gods word and love that needs to be transmitted.  One thing that I enjoyed much was to hear their prayer requests.  It helped me take a small peak at their lives.  Their prayers were mainly unselfish, a hurt for others while I sat their hurting for them to hear a few unfortunate circumstances they or their peers are in.  Much prayer is needed for the upcoming generations, as they will be the ones to carry the church onwards.

1 comment:

  1. Keep that hurt. Sometimes as you go along you find yourself thinking... ok, another kids church, lets get it over with, but its easy to forget that we are here for them. We are Christ to these kids. Scary thought....

    ReplyDelete