Saturday, October 8, 2011

I've got to get to the wells of joy

Today has been an amazing day!  To begin with, it was hot! I actually broke a sweat! Im not sure of the temperature but perhaps close to the 80's.  The air here is pretty dry so it was quite comfortable.  The morning began with some delicious chilaquiles for breakfast, quite spicy and yummy!  Then a few of us had a little class field trip to a place called "buttermilk falls." As we walked towards the entrance, the roar of the falls greeted us with a refreshing, misty hello.  It was very much appreciated as it started to get hot out in the sun.  The water was tempting me to get in but I resisted, mainly because I did not want to get my friend Carla's car all wet, maybe next time.  As we made our walk up the mountain, the lack of exercise was beginning to have its affect, legs feeling warm, feet aching, back straining, I think you get the point.  The excitement of it all though soon took over and nullified the pain.  At certain points some of us crossed through the falls, extremely cold, and slippery! Someone should put a sign thats says slippery when wet!  I really enjoyed everyones company that went.  Had different opportunities to chat with each one and just have fun trying not to get lost in the trails.  It is a great area to have a real nature walk and enjoy a friendly reminder that God creates the stillness of the night and the roaring of waterfalls. 












3 comments:

  1. It was such fun! I felt the lack of exercise as well.... but it was definitely worth the climb! And that freezing water sure was refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place bud! i would love to do it. and i can imagine your friend misty (get it?) was having a fiel day. lol
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete