Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Log splitting

One of the fun jobs I have had here at ZMI is splitting some wood.  I am very thankful someone invented the gas splitter, otherwise things would be a tad bit tuffer.  Either way, it is quite a fun job, watching the wood just crack under the immense pressure.  Perhaps your thinking, lame, but it does entertain and helps pass the time.  The fun parts are working your way around the mushrooms and slugs and other fun critters that inhabit the area.  Sometimes they are at the wrong place and wrong time.  The shed was empty at the beginning of the semester, so we have been busy splitting before the snow hits.  The wood here is used to heat the building, so needless to say, its gotta get done.  My partner for my work days has been Bobby, or as I call him Bob-eh, due to the fact that he's canadian. I met him over in Costa Rica and its been great working with him and chatting, a pretty wise man.  What's their next stop? The furnace of affliction! Yikes...


1 comment: