Friday, October 14, 2011

My hiding place

The day was calling me to take a walk into my new backyard.  Then all of a sudden, the heavens opened up and the rain poured down, and the temperature dropped.  Nevertheless I set myself to answer natures call to visit her.  I strapped on my boots, packed a couple of essentials in my camel pack, threw on a warm weatherproof jacket, and headed out the door.  The rain calmed down for a bit, apparently to gather up strength for later on in the afternoon.  I have found that up here, with no overpopulation, loud cars, blaring music, or noisy neighbors, everything seems to sound louder.  The wind howls at you, sometimes with a fierce roar, not knowing where it comes from, or where its going.  As I dove into the forest, the wind changed her voice, to more of a hiss as the leafs were being rustled.  My walk was nice, occasionally catching some rain drops on my head.  I followed some ready made trails and then took my own route down the hill, deeper still.  Twas fun heading down, enjoying the many colored confetti that adorned the floor and the sound of my music.  Took some pictures of a few things I saw. I reached a point though where it all seemed the same, up was down, down was up, right was left, and left was right.  I figured if I just headed upwards I would eventually reach some kind of civilization, and I did.  I found  a nice spot to sit and read for a bit as well.  Got to enjoy the stillness of the day, while the rain creeped in and out around me.  I laughed a bit, as I thought there was someone coming up behind me, I felt like a child playing hide and seek, thinking I would get discovered.  But no, twas just the leaves making music.  This week, as we learned about prayer, one of the key points is stillness.  Its quite astonishing how much one can perceive as we sit, silent, in expectancy.  Nature speaks louder in the natural, and God speaks louder in spiritual when we are still in His presence.  I think I found a nice office for the moment to offer me the perfect setting to hear new things.











2 comments:

  1. I like this post. It is neat when God uses nature to make more real to us a spiritual truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place. i wish i was closer to go pray there.

    tia katty says she will pray and imagine she is there at the same time.

    ReplyDelete