Monday, September 12, 2011

Exiting

As the departure day approached, I found myself in many going away/birthday celebrations.  They were all great and quite moving as I found myself saying good bye to family, friends, co-workers and a few people I just met whom I will not see for about 3 months.



This was basically the last scene at my now former work place.  Piles of shoes waiting to be repaired,  Material and tools laying everywhere.  I definitely have some memories to take with me.  Learned many things there, such as fixing almost anything with crazy glue and expanded my cuban vocabulary.  Met so many people whom otherwise would have never known who they were.  Some are famous actors, some big business owners, others top doctors and so on.  One interesting detail was I learned to appreciate my feet a little more.  Many people would come in to have orthopedic corrections, some with 3 inch lifts because one leg is shorter than the other.  I truly see how, although my feet may not be too pretty, their health is definitely a blessing.  Best of all, what I have learned there, I can do this almost anywhere in the world.
I stayed thinking how Jesus had a similar profession.  He was a humble carpenter, not one of the most prestigious of jobs but it was something people enjoyed to have around.  One day, His father called him, once ready, to enter into his ministry.  Some have had visions of Jesus leaving his work place, looking back, reflecting on all the work he had done and thinking to himself how he always did the best he could and worked well.  I found myself reflecting the same.  The work may not have come out all that pretty, but I know I did my best on it.  So now I move on to the next step, leaving behind one training arena to enter into another with the final destination of being ready for the ministry God has set up for me.  These next pictures are just a few pictures of some of the last moments I spent with those close to me before leaving to New York.









1 comment:

  1. i made it to your blog post! yay.
    bud you will be missed...
    i thoroughly enjoyed reading this post by the way... :)

    ReplyDelete