Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One small step for man

Well the day came to hit the road and make our journey to ZMI. The morning began with some last minute packing while I waited for Cesar,  who is also going to study in ZMI, to pick me up.  Then some last minute walmart shopping which never fails and last good byes to our mothers and Cesar's sister Paola. Oh and of course to Rocky as well, their dog. The trip was pretty exhausting and uncomfortable.  Because we had so many things we had to push the front seats all the way to the front making the space quite tight. I managed to sneak in an hour or so of sleep while Cesar drove. Our food choices were not the healthiest but definitely delicioso. We did some quick sight seeing in Washington and fell in love with the scenery, quite diferrent from miami especially with a 1000ft scenic view. The roads felt long and endless but I knew where we were heading  and the joy overcame the anxiety I would get at times. Oh, and discovering my phone has tmobile tv was the greatest! I managed to watch a couple shows to keep me awake during those loooong redeye hours. it was also great to see the love from friends and family as they would constantly check in on us from time to time, thanks. The trip was mainly filled with excitement thinking about the wonders that God has for us and also with some worry as this is a big change for both Cesar and I.  As we shared thoughts in the car, we came to the conclusion that we truly want an impacting move from God during our time there, however long that may be. I think I will be fine with forever.... Once we got there, I was overtaken by just how high ZMI is up on that mountain, its quite a view from up there.  We were welcomed with cool crisp air and a sign on the main door that said "welcome" and had our room numbers on them.  Everyone was really nice and helpful.  Sister Kathryn gave us a quick tour around the building.  Its a great facility that I know I will enjoy.  It was also great seeing Carla once again since the mission trip and meeting some of the other staff members.  I noticed I'm still missing many more to meet.  And being greeted with panera bread cookies was the icing on the cake for the day...  I see many hours of studying coming ahead, but I welcome them as I know God will not only give me head knowledge but heart knowledge as well.
























2 comments:

  1. Love the pics. :) Can't wait for more of your blogs... God bless you greatly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing! Im so excited you enjoyed the long trip and that you made those awful food choices, I mean they look too good to pass up.

    Wishing you and Cesar the best of times up there! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete