Sunday, September 11, 2011

Prequel to ZMI

One particular event that was a stepping stone in this journey to Zion, was a missionary trip to Costa Rica, with Zion Fellowship.  This being my first missionary trip, there were a lot of things left to the unknown. I had the great privilege to have my friend Jennifer as my teammate from my church.  She has a great calling over her life for the mission field and it was such joy working alongside her. Throughout the whole preparation, I was able to see both God's grace and provision.  Every piece of the puzzle fell into place as time would pass by.  I was even surprised with how much funds we were able to raise and how all our needs were met, but God is like that, He likes to surprise us. Even more importantly we were able to see God's backing throughout the whole time.  We saw Him shining at every moment.  The way the team, whom we had never met before, worked together and flowed in one spirit, was great proof of Gods response to prayers.  We were able to help them construct their Sunday school classrooms, share the word with the church members,  spend time with kids from the church and get to know the wonderful pastoral family.  They all have great testimonies and we as a team received much blessings from them.  It was truly a growing experience and now have a greater appreciation for relying on God in everything.

1 comment:

  1. I loved how God surprised us as well... Shiroles and the Amazing 5 will always be in my heart.

    ReplyDelete